Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Find out how to cope with stress through Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR). Learn useful skills like how to live in the present and manage difficult emotions through this 8-week MBSR programme.
This MBSR programme was developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn from the University of Massachusetts Medical School, Center for Mindfulness. MBSR enhances emotion regulation by improving your attention, awareness, focus, well-being, and quality of life.
1. Learn the essence of mindfulness and how it works
a. How to live in the present.
b. How we can respond appropriately instead of reacting impulsively.
2. Learn to perform a series of formal and informal mindfulness practices:
a. Body scan.
b. Mindful movement.
c. Awareness of Breath practice.
d. Loving Kindness practice.
e. Mindful walking.
f. Mindful eating.
g. Mindful of daily activities.
3. Practise mindfulness to:
a. Cope with stressful experiences at work or at home. As well as pain and illness.
b. Concentrate and work more efficiently
c. Manage difficult emotions like anger, fear and anxiety.
d. Communicate more calmly.
4. Applying mindfulness in daily life.
Instructor: Mr Ong Pee Eng, Qualified MBSR Mindfulness Teacher
Mr Ong Pee Eng’s mindfulness journey began more than 30 years ago while he was still in university. When his work triggered a midlife crisis, he ramped up his practice, which successfully tided him over that stressful period. As a working husband and parent to two daughters, he recognises that mindfulness makes him less likely to flare up at home. Now, he is a full-time mindfulness trainer, conducting anything from mindfulness workshops, weeks-long courses, children’s classes to 1-on-1 meditation sessions.
His interest in evidence-based teaching led him to pursue further training and become
– Qualified Teacher of the 8-week MBSR (Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction) program from the University of Massachusetts (UMASS), Center for Mindfulness (USA)
– Certified Teacher of Koru Mindfulness program (USA) for young adults (age 18-29)
– Certified Teacher of Paws b (age 7-11) and .b (age 11-18) children mindfulness programs from the Mindfulness in School Project (MiSP) (UK)
– Certified ACTA trainer under Singapore WSQ
|Date and Time:||
Full Day Retreat:
$350 per person for 8 sessions including 1 full-day retreat (subsidised rate)
|Venue:||Awareness Hub 普觉坊
231 Bain Street
#03-39 Bras Basah Complex
< To Register >
1) Online registration: https://www.kmspks.org/registration?f=LC23-MBSR-1
2) Awareness Hub | 11.30am – 6pm
3) Reception Office @ KMSPKS | 9am – 4pm
Registration Deadline: One week before commencement or when fully registered
Enquiry: email@example.com | Tel: 6336 5067
As additional precautionary measures may be put in place due to Covid-19 restrictions and prevailing government guidelines, events and classes may be subject to change.