Keen to learn more about Buddhism and the Dharma? We have an extensive collection of Buddhist literature and scriptures in our library.
How do I register as a member?
Please visit the library during our opening hours and bring along your NRIC for registration. If you are a foreigner, please bring along your passport and employment pass/work permit/student pass/dependant’s pass.
Online Registration : https://kmsportal.vvibrant.com/membershipform
How much is the membership fee?
Membership fee for:
• Adults: $10 annually
• Students (aged 7-14): $8 annually
• $15 annually
Will a library card be issued?
- Applicants aged 15 years and above who are Singaporeans/PRs can use any of the following when borrowing library items after membership registration:
• NTUC Link Card
• School Smart Card
• Singapore Mint Personalised EZ-link Card
• Personal Cash Card
• Singapore Driving License
• Passion Card
- Students aged 7 – 14 years who are Singaporeans/PRs can use their School Smart Card when borrowing library items.
- Singaporeans/PRs who wish to have a membership card will need to pay a fee of $1.
- A membership card will be issued for each foreign applicant.
What is the fee for a membership card replacement?
• $5 for aged 15 years and above
• $1 for aged below 15 years.
How many items can I borrow?
- Members can borrow up to 6 items at any one time. The following items may be borrowed:
- A book with an accompanying CD-ROM, when borrowed, will be considered as two items on loan. They are to be borrowed and returned together on the same membership card.
- Reference books cannot be taken out of the library.
What is the duration of the loan period?
Each item may be loaned for a period of 28 days.
How do I return the items?
- At the library’s borrowing & returning counter; or
- At the library’s book drop from 8am – 8pm
What is the fee if I wish to renew the borrowed items?
Books can be renewed for free for another 28 days. For the second renewal, $0.50 per item will be charged and for the third renewal, $1 per item will be charged.
Note: Renewals are to be made at least one week before the due date. For renewals made via mail, please indicate the following:
*NRIC or Membership Card No.
You may renew an item if:
• it has not been reserved by another member.
• it has not been renewed more than two times.
• it is not overdue.
How do I reserve an item?
- Members can reserve items via the library website or multimedia station.
A maximum of two items can be reserved at a time.
- A fee of $1 is charged for each reserved item, and payment can be made before or on the day of collection.
- Reservation will expire and be removed from the queue if the item remains uncollected after seven days.
- Reservation fee is still payable for each uncollected item.
- Please contact the library to make any changes to your reservation
How do I pay overdue fines?
Overdue fines are charged at $0.50 per item per day. Payments are to be made at the library’s Customer Service Counter. As the library is open only on weekends, overdue fines are tabulated for Saturdays and Sundays only.
What are the consequences if I lose/damage an item I have borrowed?
- For every lost/damaged item, the member will have to pay the cost of the item lost/damaged, plus an administrative fee of $8 per item, and $1 for each lost/damaged video tape and CD-ROM casing.
- Exact replacements for lost/damaged items may be considered.
- There will be no refund once payment is made even if the lost item is found later.
What are the rules to observe in the library?
Please observe the following when in the library:
- Appropriate dressing as a gesture of respect in a religious place. Revealing clothes are not allowed.
- Switch off or turn mobile devices to silent mode.
- Speak softly at all times.
- Queue for services.
- Sit at the designated areas where seats are provided. Please do not sit on the floor.
- No sleeping.
- No moving of library furniture.
- Parents are to supervise their children to observe proper library etiquette.
What are the services the library provides?
- Search catalogue to locate titles.
- Children’s room with reading materials suitable for children.
- Photocopying services
o $0.10 per page for A4 size in black and white
o $0.20 per page for A3 size in black & white
- Reminder Service – members can sign up for email reminders via the library website. This exclusive service reminds you to return borrowed items on time.
Note: The Reminder Service is an additional benefit to members. Absence of a reminder is not a valid reason for a waiver of fines.